When installing tile, whether it’s flooring for a restaurant kitchen, a swimming pool or a patio deck, the process should include waterproofing the substrate prior to the tile installation.
2 Comments Click here to read/write comments
Aggregates are commonly used in conjunction with liquid applied coatings to provide a combination of the following:
- Light colored aggregates lower deck temperature extending the life of liquid coatings
- Non-skid surfaces:
- For foot traffic
- For automotive and other traffic
- Exit areas for pond, containment, and other sloped surfaces
- Energy costs:
- Lighter colored aggregates will reflect solar energy, whereas dark-colored liquid coatings will absorb heat. Aggregate will reduce coating temperature by as much as 70 degrees on a hot summer day.
- Provides a rough surface in which to enhance the bond of other paints, coatings, and topcoats (asphalt, concrete, tile applications)
- For compliance with ANSI 118.10 IAPMO Approval for applications such as plaza and balcony decks.
1 Comment Click here to read/write comments